- Select ‘Invoices’ from the menu
- Select ‘New Invoice’
- Enter a 'New Customer' or 'View all customers'
- Select the date
- Adjust the 'Payment Terms' if necessary
- Populate the required fields
- Select your 'Products or Services', add multiple lines as required
- Adjust the 'quantity' and 'price' as required
- Apply the correct VAT% if relevant
- Add a 'Description' if required
- To preview your invoice select ‘Done’
- Customise the appearance of the document including colour scheme, font, logo and company details
- You can email your invoice directly to your customer and you also have the option to download or print your invoice
Please note that it is the user's responsibility to ensure that all invoices and credit notes issued to customers are compliant with HMRC’s rules on the issuance of invoices and credit notes. For more information, and to familiarise yourself with the latest advice, please refer to the government’s website.
Watch our Video Guide: Create a New Invoice with Business Finance Assistant