The reasons that you may wish to transform a quote into an invoice are as follows:
- To avoid duplicates in the ‘Quotes’ screens and in cash flow forecast
- To be able to trace the quote from the invoice. Example: When viewing a certain invoice, a link to the associated quote appears in the ‘Linked Documents’ section so that you may check its details
To transform a Quote into an Invoice:
- From the main menu, click ‘Quotes’
- Identify the quote you want to convert
- Click the button ‘Invoice’
- This opens a window for you to create an invoice from the quote
- Populate the invoice fields required
- Select ‘Done’.
Please note that it is the user's responsibility to ensure that all invoices and credit notes issued to customers are compliant with HMRC’s rules on the issuance of invoices and credit notes. For more information, and to familiarise yourself with the latest advice, please refer to the government’s website.