- Select ‘Invoices’ in the left-hand menu
- Identify the relevant invoice from the list of invoices
- Click the ‘Cancel’ arrow link on the tile
- A ‘New Credit Memo’ will automatically be created in a new window
- Click ‘Done’
Now that you have created the credit, it can be used as part-payment or full payment on a future invoice for that customer:
- Create a new invoice
- On page 2 click ‘Use a Credit’
- Choose the corresponding credit memo. This will be applied as payment on the invoice and will be visible when sending or printing.
Please note that it is the user's responsibility to ensure that all invoices and credit notes issued to customers are compliant with HMRC’s rules on the issuance of invoices and credit notes. For more information, and to familiarise yourself with the latest advice, please refer to the government’s website.