If Business Finance Assistant has not detected the incoming payments to automatically match your invoices to their corresponding payments, this could be for one of the following reasons:
- the date of the invoice doesn't fall before the date of the payment
- the amount of the invoice doesn't exactly match the transaction amount
- you have more than one invoice to match a single transaction
- your invoice is still in draft format
To clear the transaction and manually 'Attach / Match' your invoice to the payment so the invoice is marked as paid, please follow these steps:
- Find the incoming transaction from your Bank Transactions page
- Select 'Edit':
- Either check the box alongside the incoming transaction > Actions > Clear selected transaction
- Or select the transaction line to expand the view
- Remove any attached document(s) by pressing the X
- Select 'Attach / Match document' to find the correct invoice
- Select 'Invoice'.
- Choose the correct invoice(s) from the list.
- If the value of the invoice is less than the value of the incoming transaction, you can edit the value of the 'Paid(£)' field to reflect the received payment
- Choose 'Confirm selection':
- Select 'Done'.
- Select 'Confirm' and the 'reviewed' transaction will be displayed in light green and your invoice will be marked as 'Paid'