You can import photos of receipts or supplier invoices and create expenses to match your bank transactions by navigating to your Bank Transactions page and following these steps:
- Select 'Actions'.
- Select 'Upload expenses' from the dropdown menu.
- Select a maximum of 10 file(s) from your device that you want to upload.
- Business Finance Assistant will 'read' the receipt and pre-populate some of the fields for you.
- Fill out the required Supplier, Account and Category and VAT fields, marked with an asterisk
- Review the captured data to ensure it's accurate and edit if necessary.
- Apply the correct VAT rate if you are VAT registered.
- Choose 'Split category / VAT' to add another line to the expense when an item within the same bank transaction requires a different category or VAT rate.
- Select 'Reject' if you do not wish to create an expense.
- Select 'Next' to create that expense and verify the next one.
Business Finance Assistant will attempt to match uploaded receipts with bank transactions and will display a lightning bolt icon if a successful match is found:
To manually attach an expense, or individually upload a photo of a receipt or a supplier invoice, to balance an outgoing transaction, follow these steps:
- Select the 'Split/Attach' button on the expense transaction line to open the expanded view.
- Select 'Attach document' and then 'Expense'.
- Choose 'Upload expenses' or select the expense from the list if it has already been uploaded and 'Confirm selection'
- If you select 'Upload expenses', choose the receipt image or file from your device.
- Verify the details and input the required information.
- Select 'Done' to attach the expense to the transaction.
- The transaction line will appear in green when it's reviewed/confirmed.