Business Finance Assistant suggests possible categories for your transactions but sometimes you will need to edit those transactions and the more time you spend re-categorising your transactions, the quicker Business Finance Assistant will 'learn' from your inputs for future automation.
Please follow these steps to re-categorise an incorrectly categorised transaction:
- Find the incoming transaction from your Bank Transactions page
- Press 'Edit' on the transaction line
- Select the check box alongside the transaction(s) that you would like to edit
- Press 'Actions'
- Select 'Clear 1 selected transaction':
- Enter the appropriate 'Customer/Supplier', 'Category' and 'VAT' information
- If you wish to split your transaction and apply different categories or VAT rates to each part, press 'Split/Attach'
- Enter the Customer/Supplier, Category and VAT% for the first part of the transaction
- Press 'Split Category/VAT' to 'split' a transaction that has the same 'Customer/Supplier'
- Populate the required fields with the amount of the split
- The amount that you have split from the transaction will appear 'still to review
- Manually deduct the amount remaining to review from the value in the box above to account for the split
- Press 'Done'
- Press 'Confirm'
N.B. If you have expenses or invoices already stored in Business Finance Assistant, instead of categorising the transactions, press the 'Match/Attach document' button to match the expense/invoice so the status changes to 'paid' on your expenses/invoices page.
For further information, please see: Matching documentary evidence to bank transactions